Cosmet’in Lyon (ex CED : European Centre of Dermocosmetology) is a professional association founded in 1962 by 3 key figures of French scientific research and cosmetology: an industrialist H.M. Gattefossé, a pharmacist, J. Cotte and a dermatologist, H. Thiers.
They first intended to promote and adapt the education in dermocosmetology to the industry’s needs. In 1970, as a precursor, Cosmet’in Lyon contributed to set up the first cycle of cosmetics studies at the Lyon University (France).
Since 1966, and every two years, Cosmet’in Lyon has been organizing the European Dermocosmetology Days (now Cosmet’in Lyon Skin Science Days) a two-day conference session on scientific questions which attracts scientific directors of major companies and researchers from France and Europe.
As an important professional organization of the Rhône-Alpes region, Cosmet’in Lyon has other important missions:
- Promoting interdisciplinary research projects with existing competitive clusters (biology, plastics processing, leatherwork, the chemical industry, the textile industry, etc.)
- Promoting good relations between academic and industrial researchers
- Supporting research projects in the Rhône-Alpes region
- Organizing training sessions on scientific topics with professional schools
- Co-organizing high level training sessions in partnership with FC-3 bio and FEBEA
- Creating links with other professional associations such as the French Society of Cosmetology, the Cosmetic Valley, Allize Plasturgy, Ingrecos etc.
- Creating links with Foreign professional associations and promoting Cosmet’in Lyon on international exhibitions such as In-Cosmetics, FCE Cosmetique Brasil, SCS Formulate in England etc
- Promoting the scientific activities of our members
Cosmet’in Lyon is a place to share and exchange and a network of professionals with complementary expertise.